Restoration work is currently underway on the terrace and therefore the underground parts are inaccessible to the public.
Rebuilt at the end of the 17th century by Saint-Maur Benedictines, the monastery buildings are a fine example of classical style architecture. The restoration by the community of Pays d’Orthe et Arrigans municipalities that has been underway since 2002 has revealed all its beauty.
In this solemn place, where stone, water and plants invite you to contemplate, one can stroll from the parlour to the chapter house. The uncommonly charming landscape contributes to the presentation of this fascinating and enchanting heritage site.
Open from April to November – choose the tour that suits you best!
Follow the guide for a captivating experience, try out the fun and interactive media, wander around freely in the convent buildings ...
The Gallo-Roman mosaics of the abbey
This guided tour (only in French) invites you to go back in time to the ancient period: discover the archaeological site of the Gallo-Roman villa and its superb mosaic pavements.
The guided tour lasts about 45 minutes. Group limited to 12 people. Advance booking recommended.
- From April 5th to July 10th : Tuesday to Sunday at 4 p.m
- From July 11th to August 28th : Tuesday and Thursday at 11 a.m. and every day at 4 p.m
- From August 30th to November 4th: Tuesday to Sunday at 4 p.m.
- From 7th to 25th November: Monday to Friday at 3 p.m.
The convent buildings
- Guided tour : from the chapter house to the refectory, the conventual buildings are revealed as the restoration work undertaken since 2007 progresses.
From July 11th to August 28th : Mondays and Wednesdays at 11am
Duration: 30 to 45 minutes. Group limited to 12 people. By reservation only.
- Self-guided tour: explore the monastery buildings as you wish! A tour map, explanatory panels and interactive media are available.
Last admission 30 minutes before closong time.
Family fun path
The life of monks explained (only in French) to children... and parents! The parlor, the cloister, the chapter house and the garden are the "playground" of this guided tour where you learn while having fun.
From 6 years old. Duration : 1 hour. Booking required
- from April 9th to May 8th: Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday at 2.30 p.m
- from May 10th to July 10th: Sunday at 2.30 p.m.
- from July 11th to August 28th: Friday and Saturday at 11 a.m., Monday and Tuesday at 3 p.m., Thursday at 5.15 p.m.
- from August 30th to October 21st: Sunday at 2.30 p.m.
- from October 22nd to November 4th: Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday at 2.30 p.m.
Find the guides of the abbey and let yourself be surprised by an unusual visit (only in French) where the theme discussed will be revealed to you on site!
Duration : 15 minutes /Departure times vary depending on attendance
- from April 5 to 8: Tuesday to Friday
- from April 9 to May 8 : Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- from May 10 to July 10: Tuesday to Sunday
- from July 11 to August 28: Monday to Sunday
- from August 30 to October 21: Tuesday to Saturday
- from October 22 to November 4 : Wednesday, Friday and Saturday